Bạn đang xem: sans là ai
From Wikipedia, the không tính tiền encyclopedia
Sans as he appears in the final battle in Undertale's "genocide route"
|First appearance||Undertale (2015)|
|Created by||Toby Fox|
Sans is a fictional character created by Toby Fox for the năm ngoái role-playing đoạn Clip game Undertale. Initially appearing as a friendly NPC with an easy-going and laid-back personality, he becomes the de facto final quấn if the player chooses to tướng complete the "genocide route" and go out of their way to tướng destroy the game's race of monsters. His name is based on the Comic Sans phông, which is used for most of his in-game dialogue. Critics praised the character for his dialogue and quấn fight, which is considered to tướng be one of the most difficult in the game. His popularity with fans inspired several user-created mods and other types of projects.
Sans appears in the related game Deltarune. His likeness also appears as a customizable skin for the Mii Gunner character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
History and appearances
Sans is a skeleton wearing a xanh rờn jacket, Đen shorts with white stripes, and white slippers. Prior to tướng the events of Undertale, he had moved to tướng the settlement in Snowdin from an unknown location with his brother Papyrus. Papyrus was hired as a royal guard trainee sentry and forced his brother to tướng help in his quest to tướng capture a human.
Sans first appears in Snowdin, initially appearing as a silhouette approaching the player from behind before shaking the player's hand, setting off a whoopee cushion. He clarifies that he has no interest in capturing humans, unlike Papyrus, whom he describes as a "human-hunting FANATIC". After helping the player hide from Papyrus, Sans follows his brother throughout most of the forest, commentating on his puzzles and even contributing a word tìm kiếm, much to tướng Papyrus's dismay. As the story proceeds, Sans continues performing such antics as attempting to tướng sell the player highly overpriced fried snow. Later in the game, Sans invites the player to tướng eat at a restaurant together. If they sánh choose, Sans explains how he befriended a woman, Toriel, behind the large door in Snowdin, who shared his love for puns. He reveals that he promised not to tướng kill any humans who come to tướng the Underground and states that if he had not made that promise, the player would have been "dead where [they] stand".
Sans makes one more appearance in the "Judgement Hall", where he reveals the true meaning of the "EXP" and "LV" values that the player has accumulated throughout the game: 'Execution Points' and 'Level of Violence', respectively. He judges the player for how high their EXP and LV values are before disappearing and allowing the player to tướng proceed and fight the king, Asgore. After the player defeats Asgore and Flowey (if he has not been fought before) and they leave the Underground, Sans calls them to tướng inform them of what occurred after their departure, having different dialogue depending on the player's actions in-game. If the player does not kill any monsters, Sans appears alongside the other main characters after the fight with Asgore is prevented.
If the player opts to tướng kill every monster in each area, Sans's behavior will be different. He threatens the player with a "bad time" if they proceed with their actions before the Papyrus quấn fight. If the player ignores Sans's warning and continues slaughtering every monster they meet, he eventually confronts the player in the Judgement Hall to tướng prevent them from destroying all of the Underground, acting as the route's final quấn. Sans is revealed to tướng have supernatural abilities and is considered to tướng be extremely powerful, but can be killed by the player.
Xem thêm: tôi là ai? 1998
Sans appears as a character in Deltarune, where, in Chapter 1, he is found standing outside his cửa hàng, a remodeled version of Grillby's Diner from Undertale.
In other media
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a Sans costume for the playable Mii Gunner character was released as downloadable nội dung on September 4, 2019. Sans has also been the subject of many người hâm mộ works and projects, being featured in numerous games, creations, and đoạn Clip game mods.
Sans is listed in the credits as being created by Toby Fox with "special inspiration" from J.N. Wiedle, author of the webcomic Helvetica, a series about an eponymous skeleton named after the Helvetica typeface. His first concept drawing was made by Fox on a college notebook, and at this point in development the character was called "Comic Sans" after the phông, described simply as the brother of the game's second quấn Papyrus.
He is one of the characters who does not normally use the game's mặc định phông in his dialogue; rather, it is usually displayed in Comic Sans. He only uses the mặc định phông if he is talking about the mechanics of the game. He is often paired with his brother named Papyrus, also named after a phông of the same name.
Sans was ranked as one of the best đoạn Clip game characters of the 2010s by Polygon staff; writer Colin Campbell particularly praised his appearance and how "[w]hen he makes a joke, the camera zooms in on him while he winks. It never gets old." Its quấn fight was praised by Dan Tack of Game Informer, while IGN staff ranked it as the second best final quấn in đoạn Clip games.
Sans has also been well-received by Undertale fans, being the subject of many người hâm mộ works. During the Undertale Q&A, Sans and Papyrus were the characters that received the most questions from fans. Professional wrestler Kenny Omega has expressed his love for Undertale, dressing as Sans for the October 30, 2019, episode of All Elite Wrestling: Dynamite. His addition as a Mii fighter costume in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate garnered positive feedback from fans; they created memes and fan-art after the inclusion.
On September 8, 2022, Sans was chosen as the "Ultimate Tumblr Sexyman" (referencing an online slang term for fictional characters who garner romantic and/or sexual interest from a large fanbase despite not being conventionally attractive) via a three-day tournament bracket of polls on Twitter. Sans was a finalist with Mob Psycho 100 character Arataka Reigen, whom Sans surpassed with 50.1% of the vote. Toby Fox responded to tướng the results by writing a short người hâm mộ fiction comedically dramatizing Reigen's attempts at surpassing Sans in the poll. In 2022, Sans' theme, "Megalovania", was played in front of Pope Francis.
Xem thêm: ai là chủ tịch nước 2016
- ^ Cobbett, Richard (September 29, 2015). "Undertale review". PC Gamer. Archived from the original on September 29, năm ngoái.
- ^ Toby Fox (September 15, 2015). Undertale (Windows). Level/area: Snowdin Forest.
Sans: i'm actually supposed to tướng be on watch for humans right now. but... y'know... i don't really care about capturing anybody. now my brother, papyrus... he's a human-hunting FANATIC.
- ^ Toby Fox (September 15, 2015). Undertale (Windows). Level/area: Snowdin Forest.
Sans: want some fried snow? [...] 50000G. that's my final offer.
- ^ Toby Fox (September 15, 2015). Undertale (Windows). Level/area: MTT Resort restaurant.
Sans: that promise i made to tướng her... you know what would have happened if she hadn't said anything? [...] You'd be dead where you stand.
- ^ Toby Fox (September 15, 2015). Undertale (Windows). Level/area: Last Corridor.
Sans: What's EXP? It's an acronym. It stands for 'execution points.' [...] When you kill someone, your EXP increases. When you have enough EXP, your LOVE increases. LOVE, too, is an acronym. It stands for 'Level of Violence.' A way of measuring someone's capacity to tướng hurt. [...]
- ^ Toby Fox (September 15, 2015). Undertale (Windows). Level/area: Neutral Route ending.
Sans: sánh... it's been a while... [...]
- ^ Toby Fox (September 15, 2015). Undertale (Windows). Level/area: Epilogue (True Pacifist Ending).
- ^ Grayson, Nathan (October 30, 2015). "Undertale: The Kotaku Review". Kotaku. Archived from the original on May 7, 2020.
- ^ Grayson, Nathan (November 1, 2018). "Undertale Fans Already Have Theories About What's Going On In Deltarune". Kotaku. Archived from the original on May 7, 2020.
- ^ Minotti, Mike (September 4, 2019). "Undertale's Sans becomes a costume in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate". VentureBeat. Archived from the original on September 5, 2019.
- ^ Lee, Julia (September 4, 2019). "Sans from Undertale joins Smash Bros. Ultimate as a Mii Fighter costume". Polygon. Archived from the original on December 21, 2019.
- ^ Walker, Ian (September 4, 2019). "Undertale's Sans Joins Smash Bros. As A Mii Fighter Costume". Kotaku. Archived from the original on September 5, 2019.
- ^ Newell, Adam (September 21, 2019). "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate người hâm mộ creates functional Undertale Sans Amiibo". Dot Esports. Gamurs. Archived from the original on October 27, 2019. Retrieved October 27, 2019.
- ^ Hernandez, Patricia (May 13, 2019). "Someone put Undertale's Sans fight in Fortnite, and it's amazing". Polygon. Archived from the original on May 18, 2019.
- ^ Gach, Ethan (May 13, 2019). "Undertale's Toughest quái dị Fight Made Into A Fortnite Map". Kotaku. Archived from the original on May 7, 2020.
- ^ Hilliard, Kyle (January 9, 2017). "Toby Fox Shares College Notebook Filled With Early Concept Art And Ideas That Eventually Became Undertale". Game Informer. Archived from the original on January 13, 2017.
- ^ Fox, Toby [@tobyfox] (January 8, 2017). "(apparently) the genesis of papyrus" (Tweet). Archived from the original on 2017-01-08 – via Twitter.
- ^ Elvery, Gabriel (June 2023). "Undertale's Loveable Monsters: Investigating Parasocial Relationships with Non-Player Characters". Games and Culture. 18 (4): 475–497. doi:10.1177/15554120221105464. ISSN 1555-4120.
- ^ Colin, Campbell (November 27, 2019). "The 70 best đoạn Clip game characters of the decade". Polygon. Archived from the original on March 30, 2020. Retrieved December 30, 2019.
- ^ Tack, Daniel (December 2, 2015). "Does Undertale Live Up to tướng the Hype?". Game Informer. Archived from the original on April 7, năm nhâm thìn.
- ^ "10 Best Final Bosses in Video Games". 22 April 2021. Archived from the original on 24 June 2021. Retrieved 18 June 2021.
- ^ "Undertale: 21 Creepy and Cute Sans Fan Art". IGN. August 19, năm nhâm thìn. Archived from the original on September 30, năm nhâm thìn.
- ^ Vas, Gergo (December 31, 2015). "Undertales Papyrus And Sans Have Dark Souls". Kotaku Australia. Archived from the original on June 12, năm nhâm thìn.
- ^ Frank, Allegra (September 15, 2016). "This Undertale Q&A is the best reminder of why it's one of the funniest games ever". Polygon. Archived from the original on November 16, năm nhâm thìn.
- ^ Crosby, Jack (October 30, 2019). "AEW Dynamite results, recap: Inner Circle wreaks havoc, inaugural tag team champions crowned". CBS Sports. Archived from the original on November 1, 2019. Retrieved November 4, 2019.
- ^ "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate người hâm mộ creates functional Undertale Sans Amiibo". 21 September 2019. Archived from the original on 27 October 2019. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- ^ Cryer, Hirun (9 September 2022). "Undertale's Sans wins Tumblr Sexyman poll, inspiring Toby Fox to tướng write the event's lore". GamesRadar. Retrieved 10 September 2022.
Then, finally, it was time for the grand final of the Tumblr Sexyman poll. With Sans Undertale vs known-chancer Arataka Reigan, voting was excruciatingly close, but the former just outshone the latter by .1 percent of the vote, taking the crown for the Semi-Annual Tumbly Sexyman competition.
- ^ Colbert, Isaiah (8 September 2022). "Good News, Undertale Fans: Toby Fox Just Wrote A Sans x Mob Psycho 100 Story". Kotaku. Retrieved 8 September 2022.
- ^ Colbert, Isaiah (January 6, 2022). "The Pope Listened To Undertale's 'Megalovania' In The Year Of Our Lord 2022". Kotaku. Retrieved July 25, 2023.